Spring cleaning is something we all do. We have to get rid of the
stuff that’s just been cluttering up the place. “Out with the old and in
with the new” as the saying goes. If we could choose the timing of our
move then spring would be the perfect time. It’s the ultimate “Out with
the old . . . . “ While you’re at it you may as well kill two birds with
one stone, making springtime the perfect time for a move. You can get
everything cleared out, cleaned up and then you’re off to spend the
summer enjoying your new place
Let’s Get Moving’s top reasons why springtime is the best time to make a move:
- Weather has a lot to do with having a smooth transition to the new home. In most areas of the country spring offers nice weather. You definitely do not want to do this in the snow or even rain. It’s too cold in winter and too hot in summer and spring is just perfect!
- Moving companies tend to be more available in spring. So many people wait until summer to move which means moving companies get booked up for the summer months. Get a head start and move in spring when you’ll likely have an easier time with scheduling. It helps though to book well in advance anyway!
- Springtime is perfect for moving if you have kids. On the one hand they can help sort out their things on spring break, which is a big help. But on the other hand kids can sure get in the way when you’ve got a big job to do so having them still in school can be a big help. It’s a win win for everyone.
- It makes no sense to give up summer fun to take care of moving. Get the move out of the way so you can enjoy yourself. Entertain your friends on the new deck and enjoy the barbeque! Relax and have fun with your kids now that they’re out of school.
- Fall is the time for planting so while you’re enjoying your summer, plan your new garden and look forward to all the blooms when spring rolls around next year.
Let’s Get Moving is getting everyone organized for summer fun all across Canada and in the US. If you’re gearing up for spring cleaning and have your move planned for springtime, would love to help. We look forward to hearing from you.