TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Best Rated Moving Companies Award 2016/2017/2018/2019
Yelp Award 2016/2017/2018/2019
Fully Licensed and Insured Plus WSIB
Free dismantling and reassembling
1 of Top 3 Moving companies Award
"People Love Us on Yelp" Award Winners
A+ Better Business Bureau Accredited
Checkout Our 10 Star HomeStar Reviews
We will call you the day prior to your move. If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to make changes to your reservation, please email us at info@LetsGetMovingcanada.com. Our dedicated staff will work hard to ensure that you receive the best possible moving experience, which includes punctual, efficient uniformed movers that arrive to your doorstep with a smile.
Our team will handle and transport your furniture as if it were our own. Kindly ensure that if you have a specialty item such as a piano, hot tub or pool table, that you advise us in advance of your move date as special equipment will be required for these items that may be subject to a moving surcharge. At Let’s Get Moving, we have a 4 hour minimum which includes 1 hour travel time for local moves within the GTA. For Example, if your move takes 3 hours from the time we arrive at your door, until we finish at the final destination, we will bill you for 4 hours.
For moves outside the GTA, we will send you an email describing any extra travel time for longer distance moves. We accept Cash, Debit, Visa and MasterCard. Please be advised that we have a 3% processing fee for CREDIT CARDS ONLY and applicable taxes are not included.
We bill by the hour and will ensure that your professional movers will work as hard as they can to complete the job to your satisfaction. Although sometimes we may estimate the time it takes to do a job, at the request of a client, we can never be certain as variables do occur such as access, traffic and the amount of items to move.
The final bill will be determined simply on the amount of time it takes and by no other means. It is mutually agreed upon, that by engaging Let’s Get Moving (LGM), that you consign to release the goods to a value of $6.00 per pound per article (generally 10 x more than what you would receive from other companies) and that as consignor, you indemnify and hold harmless LGM for any amount greater.
We do not transport valuables such as cash, jewelry, art and extremely personal mementos. As we are not responsible for these items, we ask you to pack and move these items prior to the arrival of our professional movers.
DAMAGE WAIVER & SERVICE AGREEMENT
9677089 INCORPORATED CANADA
O/A LET’S GET MOVING
445 Eddystone Avenue North York, M3N1H8
I understand and agree that the insurance provided by 9677089 INCORPORATED CANADA, as part of the moving services agreement, is $.60) per pound, per item. I hereby agree that LET’S GET MOVING IS NOT liable for any amount exceeding $.60 per pound, however we may pay up to $6.00 per pound for items damaged as a consideration for using our moving services.
I understand that all claims must be submitted in writing within 30 days of the move date.
I understand that LET’S GET MOVING cannot be held liable for any damage to walls, ceilings, floors or fixtures incurred while in the process of facilitating the move. LET’S GET MOVING will at all times ensure the protection of items using items such as quilted blankets, plastic shrink wrap, straps, etc., and will take precautions to the best of its ability to ensure that items are carefully secured at all times.
I further understand that LET’S GET MOVING will not be liable for any damage to the following items: Marble, granite, china, ceramics, stoneware, lamps, particle board, pressed wood furnishings, Ikea or similarly constructed furnishings, printers, photocopiers and contents of boxes packed by the client.
LIABILITY OF CARRIER
1. The carrier of the goods described in the ball of lading is liable for any loss of or change to goods accepted by him or his agent, except as provided in these Conditions of Carriage.
RECOVERY FROM CONNECTING CARRIER
3. The originating contracting carrier or the delivering carrier, as the case may be, is entitled to recover from any other carrier to whom the goods are or have been delivered the amount of loss or damage that the originating contracting carrier or delivering carrier, as the case may be, may be required to pay under these Condition of Carriage resulting from any loss of or damage to the goods while they were in the custody of that other carrier.
4. Nothing the section 2 or 3 of these Conditions of Carriage deprives a consignor or consignee of any rights he may have against any carrier.
EXECPTION FROM LIABILITY
5. The carrier shall not be liable for the following
(a)Loss, damage or delay to any of the goods described in the bill of landing caused by. (i) an act of God, (ii) the Queen’s or public enemies, (iii) riot, (iv) strikes, (v) a defect or inherent vice in the goods, (vi) an act or default of the consignor, owner of consignee, (vii) authority of law, or (vii) quarantine.
(b)except of damage, deterioration or loss caused by his, his agent’s employee’s negligence, (i) damage to fragile articles that are not packed and unpacked by the contracting carrier, his agent or employee, (ii) damage to the mechanical, electronic or other operation of radios, phonographs, clocks, appliances, musical instruments, and other equipment, irrespective of who packed those articles, unless servicing and preparation was performed by the contracting carrier, his agent or employee, (iii) deterioration of or damage to perishable food, plants or pets, or (iv) loss of contents of consignor-packed articles unless the containers used are opened for the carrier’s inspection and articles are listed on the bill or landing and receipted for by the carrier and the burden of proving absence of such negligence shall be on the carrier.
(c) damage to or loss of a complete set or until when only part of the set is damaged or lost, in which event the carrier shall only be liable for repair or recovery of the lost or damaged piece or pieces,
(d) damage to the goods at place or places of pick-up at which the consignor or his agent was not in attendance;
(e) damage to the goods at place or places of delivery at which the consignee or his agent was not in attendance and cannot give receipt for goods delivered.
(1) At the time of acceptance of the contract, the original contracting carrier shall provide the consignor, with a date or time period within which delivery is to be made.
(1) The amount of any loss or damage computed under section 9 of these Conditions of Carriage shall not be exceed the greater of
- The value declared by the shipper, and
- $4.41 per kilogram computed on the total weight of the shipment.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1) where the consignor releases the shipment to a value of $ 1.32 per kilogram per article or less in writing, the amount of any loss or damage computed under section 9 of these Conditions of Carriage shall not exceed that lower amount
(1) Where it is agreed that the goods are carried at the risk of the consignor of the goods, that agreement covers only those risks as are necessarily incidental to transportation.
(2) The agreement referred to in subsection (1) shall not relieve the carrier from liability for any loss, damage or delay that may result from any negligent act or omission of the Carrier, his agents or and the burden of proving absence of negligence shall be on the carrier.
NOTICE OF CLAIM
(1) No carrier is liable for loss, damage or delay to any goods carried under the bill of landing unless notice thereof setting out
particulars of the origin, destination and date of shipment of the goods and
the estimated amount claimed in respect of such loss, damage or delay, is given in writing to the original contracting carrier or the delivering carrier within
60 days after delivery of the goods, or
In the case of failure to make delivery, within 9 months from the date of shipment.
(2) The final statement of the claim must be filed within 9 months from the date of shipment.
(1) No carrier is bound to carry any document, species or any articles of extra-ordinary value unless the carrier specially agrees to do so,
(a) goods referred to in subsection (1) are carried without the carriage of those items being specifically agreed to, and
(b) the nature of the goods is not disclosed on the face of the bill of landing, the carrier shall not be liable for any loss or damage.
(1) If required by the carrier, freight and all other lawful charges accruing on the goods shall be paid before delivery.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1) where the actual charges exceed by more than 10% the total estimate charges, the consignee shall be allowed 15 days after the day on which the goods are delivered, excluding Saturday and holidays, to pay the amount by which the total actual charges exceed 110% of the total estimated charges.
(a) the actual charges exceed by more that 10% the total estimate charges, and
(b) the consignee pay that extra 10%, the carrier shall unload the shipment in accordance with the agreement for the transportation of the goods notwithstanding that the total charges that of 110% of the total estimate charges remain owing.
(4) The 15 days extension provided in subsection (2) does not apply where the carrier notifies the consignor of the total actual charges immediately after loading, or receives a waiver of the extension provision signed by the consignor.
15. Every person whether as principal or agent, shipping explosives or dangerous goods without previous full disclosure to the carrier as required by law, shall indemnify the carrier against all loss, damage or delay caused thereby. And those goods may be warehoused at the consignor’s risk and expense.
(1) Where, through no fault of the carrier, the goods cannot be delivered, the carrier shall immediately give notice to the consignor and the consignee that delivery has not been made, and disposal instruction.
2) Pending receipt of disposal instructions
(a) the goods may be stored in the warehouse of the carrier, subject to a reasonable charge, for storage, or
(b) where the carrier has notified the consignor of his this intention, the goods may be removed to, and stored in, a public or licensed warehouse.
- at the expense of the consignor, without liability on the part of the carrier and
- subject to a lien for all freight and other lawful charges, including a reasonable charge for storage.
17. Subject to section 18 of these Condition of Carriage:
(a) any additional limitation on the carrier’s liability on the bill of lading, and
(b) any alteration, or addition or erasure on the bill of lading, shall be signed or initialed by the consignor or his agent and the originating contracting carrier of this agent and unless so acknowledged shall without effect.
(1) It shall be responsibility of the originating contracting carrier or his agent to
(a) show the correct tare, gross and net weights on the bill of landing by use of a certified public scale, and
(b) attach the weight scale ticket to his copy of the bill of lading.
(2) Where certified public scales are not available at origin or at any point within a radius of 16 kilometers thereof, a constructive weight based on 112 kilograms per cubic metre of properly loaded van shall be used.
(1) All items are signed over to 9677089 Canada Inc. until full Payment of the invoice.
(2) All belongings can be held in truck/storage until full invoice is paid.
SEE HOW WE WORK
We are a fully professional moving company in Toronto and the Greater-Toronto-Area staffed with experienced and respectful movers. We include strong movers, moving truck, and insurance for all your belongings and property.
Our weekday discounted rate is $109 per hour and includes everything you need for a successful move! This discounted rate is valid for weekday moves from the 4th-26th of each month. That is a great rate for full service moving with 2 expert movers including any size moving truck. If an additional mover is needed, it is just an extra $50 per hour. The moving time starts when the movers leave the office and your job is complete when we arrive back to the office from your final location. Weekend moves and moves outside of those dates is $119 per hour. You never have to worry about exorbitant extra fees. We don’t charge extra for gas or stairs. We only charge by every 15-minute increments to be as fair as possible.
Our reservation system is very secure, no one can book over your move. Click the button below to book now!!!